|Developing applications for bpm'online marketplace|
Glossary Item Box
Bpm'online marketplace is an online platform that enables the users to easily find and order out-of-the-box solutions for their business. The marketplace is a point of contact between the customers and developers for browsing, selecting and purchasing bpm’online extensions and custom solutions.
The two types of products that can be published in the marketplace are:
- Vertical solution - a custom configuration, developed on the bpm'online platform. Solutions fulfill the need of a specific industry and have separate business value.
- Application - a product that extends the capabilities of bpm'online base products or vertical solutions and adds to the business value of another product.
Learn more about the marketplace and its elements from the “Partner solution release rules and regulations” part of the marketplace developer registration page.
Upon registration on the marketplace, you can access your personal “Developer workspace”. Use the Developer workspace to register and publish your applications and vertical solutions.
General procedure for registering and publishing a marketplace application
- Developer profile setup. The developer profile must contain up-to-date information that will be displayed in the marketplace showcase. Please refer to the “Developer profile setup” article for additional information.
- Requesting development and test environments. The development of a custom solution should be carried out in the development environment, which is a separate bpm’online site. Please refer to the “Ordering development site” article for details.
- Application development. The development of the custom product functionality is performed during this step. A detailed example of integration of a custom third-party service to a bpm’online marketplace application is covered in the “Developing a simple application for bpm'online marketplace” article. For more complex examples, please see the "Application development examples" section.
- Testing your application. Before you publish in the bpm'online marketplace, you need to make sure your application works on the test site. Please refer to the “Testing a Marketplace Application” article for further details on transferring the developed package.
- Register a new product in the developer workspace. All new products are subject to verification by the marketplace support. Please refer to “Application registration in the Developer console” for any details.
- Publishing your product. Learn more about the process and the specifics of publishing a marketplace application in “Publishing applications”.