|How to start the development for marketplace|
Glossary Item Box
Bpm'online marketplace is an online platform that enables the users to easily find and order out-of-the-box solutions for their business. The marketplace is a point of contact between the customers and developers for browsing, selecting and purchasing bpm’online extensions and custom solutions.
The two types of products that can be published in the marketplace are:
- Vertical solution - a custom configuration, developed on the bpm'online platform. Solutions fulfill the need of a specific industry and have separate business value.
- Application - a product that extends the capabilities of bpm'online base products or vertical solutions and adds to the business value of another product.
- Templates are components of bpm'online preconfigured by third-party developers that can be used directly or as a template for creating new elements. It can be business processes, user cases, analytic items or interface settings. Also it can be examples of description and visualization of business processes and analytics that are not present in bpm'online.
Learn more about the marketplace and its elements from the “Partner solution release rules and regulations” part of the marketplace developer registration page.
Upon registration on the marketplace, you can access your personal “Developer workspace”. Upon registration on the marketplace, you can access your personal “Developer workspace”. Use the Developer workspace to register and publish your applications and vertical solutions.
Overview of the application development and publication
To develop and publish marketplace application, you will need to register and get an access to the Developer workspace. After that:
1. Developer profile setup. The developer profile must contain up-to-date information that will be displayed in the marketplace showcase. Please refer to the “Developer profile setup” article for additional information.
2. Requesting development and test environments. The development of a custom solution should be carried out in the development environment, which is a separate bpm’online site.
- Cloud development environment can be used when developing using built-in development tools. Please refer to the “Ordering development site” article for details.
- On-site development environment is used when developing using side IDEs (Visual Studio, WebStorm, etc.) or developing in the file system.
The process of deploying bpm’online on-site is described in the “Deploying bpm’online application on-site” article.
Installation files of the bpm’online products for deploying on-site can be downloaded via the links in the “bpm’online products setup files“ knowledge base article.
3. Create the marketplace application packages in the development environment. More information about packages, their structure and composition can be found in the “Creating of application packages“ article.
4. Application development. The development of the custom product functionality is performed during this step. Take into account the requirements and recommendations given in the “Application publishing requirements” and “Designing product UX” articles.
The marketplace application can be a bpm’online modification of any type. This can be a new section, integrated side service, etc. A detailed example of integration of a custom third-party service to a bpm’online marketplace application is covered in the “Developing a simple application for bpm'online marketplace” article. More complex examples can be found in the “Application development examples” article. Brief description of bpm’online integration methods is available in the “Integration with bpm'online and public API” article.
5. Testing your application. Before you publish in the bpm'online marketplace, you need to make sure your application works on the test site. Please refer to the “Testing a Marketplace Application” article for further details on transferring the developed package.
6. Select the license type and license settings. More information can be found in the “Marketplace application licensing” article.
7. Register a new product in the developer workspace. Register the application in the developer workspace for preliminary check by the marketplace support service. Please refer to “Application registration in the Developer console” and “Template registration” articles for any details.
8. Publishing your product. Learn more about the process and the specifics of publishing a marketplace application in “Publishing applications”.